Thursday 8 November 2012

You can't beat a good short story collection


FusionFusion by lots of authors including Stuart Aken
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I love this book. I always loved short story anthologies but good ones aren't thick on the ground. This has a wide selection of stories - fantasy and sci-fi but a very wide variety. They cover happy, sad, uplifting, serious, light-hearted, funny.
I sort of saw this book as it developed because I was asked to judge the competition from which many of the stories came, but after the short list and winners were announced, the authors  and editors worked to polish the entries for publication. And what a difference they've made to their stories. From good to great. I didn't expect to find myself engrossed in the ones I'd already read, but I was, from start to finish.


View all my reviews

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to reading this collection soon. It's on my Kindle, just waiting for me to find some free time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, free time. I feel nostalgic just writing the words. But I'm sure we really did have free time back in the old days. Maybe I'm reinventing the past, though. It doesn't seem likely.

    ReplyDelete