For five years we tried to grow grapes. The vines grew 6 inches then keeled over. Then a few years ago this happened. The vine grew all the way up the wall and invited itself in.
We prune it to an inch of the ground every year. Clearly it doesn't mind.
It's a glass-roofed room, so too cold to sit in most of the winter. In the summer it’s great, but...
... although the vine leaves keep the glare of the sun out, the vine leaks sap. The sap makes newsprint run so it’s an unpredictable business sitting in there with a cuppa reading a newspaper.
Splat! Half the article is indecipherable. Splash! Direct hit in the tea.
I suppose grape sap isn't poisonous.
Now they're just starting to ripen. And what can you do with all those grapes but convert them into bottles of red wine?